Pet Nutrition Diploma
Short descriptionSELF-PACED; LIFE-TIME ACCESS; 14DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE An email will be sent to you with Course login instructions after the purchase
The pet nutrition course will provide you with valuable insight into ensuring your pet or your clients' beloved pets are fed the right diet to meet their unique growth needs. Our course is broken down into easy to study and manageable modules, which you can study online at your own pace and in your own time. All the modules are easily accessible online using any device, which enables you to study from anywhere. On completion, you will be required to complete a multiple-choice test, which you must pass in order to receive your industry-recognised certification. In the event that you don't pass the first time, you will be given a second chance to go over the modules and complete the test again. On successful completion, you can download and print your certificate right there and then without delay, or you can request that it is posted to you, which will incur a small additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The pet nutrition course is overflowing with valuable information which will provide you with everything you need to know when it comes to pet nutrition. The easy to study and manageable online course modules cover the following:
- Learn about different food types, pet diets and how to read pet food labels to ensure that the pet is given the best nutrition at all times.
- Understand the importance of nutrition for pets.
- Learn about the digestive system; learn the difference between herbivores, omnivores and carnivores.
- Identify how the right nutrition can help with disease prevention.
- Learn about the different feeding stages in animals and how diet varies from when they are puppies or kittens to when they are adults, and what they need to eat as seniors or when pregnant or lactating.
- Know what is considered a healthy weight for a pet and learn about various weight issues the pet may experience throughout their life.
- Know the reasons why a pet may not be eating and why the pet may be overeating.
- Learn everything you need to know about pet food, from where to buy it, to the difference between cheap and expensive pet foods, to how to change your pet's diet, and more.
- Know about snacks and treats for pets and what is acceptable and what is not.
- Learn what herbs you can use with pets.
- Know what foods should be avoided at all costs.
- Identify how essential oils can be important for pets and what essential oils can be used.
- Learn about the specific sources of nutrition from proteins to carbohydrates and more.
- Learn more about rabbit and guinea pig nutrition and about food that is best for hamsters, mice and rats.
- Learn more about basic fish food ingredients, along with the dietary differences in birds.
- The modules will also teach you about what reptiles eat and how to feed them, along with why it is so important to keep a food diary.
Advantages of taking this course
This Pet Nutrition Diploma is brimming with amazing benefits:
- The diploma is recognised in the pet industry.
- You can use your certification to fast track your career.
- An opportunity to do a job that you love with no entry requirements.
- Affordable pricing.
- Study at home using your PC, tablet or mobile phone, as long as you have access to the internet.
- Enjoy the benefits of online support throughout your study experience.
- On successful completion, download and print your certificate and have it at hand straight away.
- Improve your knowledge of pets.
- Use your knowledge to ensure pets in your care receive the best nutrition.
Who can take this course
Whether you work in a veterinary practice, a pet shop or you have a pet you love with all your heart, the pet nutrition diploma can help to ensure that you provide your pet with the best food for their unique needs and requirements.