Dog Grooming Course Online Diploma
Short descriptionSELF-PACED; LIFE-TIME ACCESS; 14DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE An email will be sent to you with Course login instructions after the purchase
Dog Grooming Course Online
What you will learn
- Why pet grooming is important, what equipment you need and your personality when dealing with animals.
- Get to understand the history behind pet grooming.
- Understand the anatomy of dogs, basic health, parasites and maintaining health.
- The importance of a pre-grooming health assessment and keeping clients updated on their pet's health.
- Learn about the various skin and health disorders, along with the best way to groom a dog.
- Get valuable information on starting your own pet grooming business from identifying if it is the right choice for you to creating a business plan and more.
- Learn how to train dogs to enjoy a bath, steps leading up to a bath and bathing a fearful dog.
- Know how to set up your grooming area, workstation requirements, tools you will need, lighting and airflow.
- Gain an understanding of when a dog should be referred to a vet.
- Get clued up about the best way to bath a dog from the clothes you should be wearing to getting the dog in the bath.
- Acquire skill in the best way to dry a dog. Get an understanding on why shaking is so important, identify the best methods from air and towel drying to drying between the pads on the paws and more.
- Understand detailed grooming, such as nail clipping, eyes, ears, teeth and feet.
- Get a good understanding why you need to keep your workstation neat and tidy and why appearance is so important.
- Become competent in the various grooming emergencies from untangling knots to working with rescue dogs to emergencies and more.
- Know the law. Know what is expected of you as a business owner in the dog grooming industry from first aid to basic health and safety.
- Enjoy the convenience of superior online support throughout your studies
- Using any smart device, as long as it is connected to the internet
- From anywhere, on the bus on your way home from a full day at work or when you get home and you are relaxing on the sofa.
- Study and still work a full day with ease.
- Learn at your own pace and in your own time. You can take a week to complete the course or a month or more, this is down to your personal preference and time you have available.
- Fast track your career in the pet grooming industry.
- Boost your chances of opening your own successful grooming business.
- Informative step by step video guides.
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2 : History of Dog Grooming
Module 3 : Anatomy and Health, Parasites, Infections & Zoonotic diseases in dogs
Module 4 : Pre-grooming Health Assessment
Module 5 : Coat and Skin Disorders and How to Groom a Dog
Module 6 : Getting Started
Module 7 : Animal Training, Dealing with Difficult Dogs & Training for Grooming
Module 8 : Prepping the Work Area
Module 9 : Pre-bath Preparation
Module 10 : How to Bath a Dog
Module 11 : Drying a Dog
Module 12 : Detail Grooming (Clipping, Scissoring, Eyes, Ears, Teeth, Feet, Bottoms)
Module 13 : Cleaning Your Working Environment
Module 14 : Grooming Specialities
Module 15: Law in the Workplace, First Aid and Emergency Care