Garden Design & Maintenance
Garden Design & Maintenance
How do you do garden maintenance? How do you design a good garden? What are the principles of garden design? Taken this Garden Design and Maintenance Online Course you will be able to learn everything you will need to become a professional in this field. If you already have the experience, you will be able to improve and grow as a specialsit.
Whether you are thinking of starting a career outdoors as a gardening expert or you are already working in the industry and are thinking of starting your own garden company, then the Garden Design and Maintenance Diploma is the right choice for you. Introduction to the Garden Design and Maintenance Diploma. This information-packed course will teach you the basics you need to start your own gardening company or boost your career within the gardening industry. You can turn your hobby into a successful business by completing the twenty-nine modules and passing the multiple-choice question test. The modules cover everything from basic gardening to pest control, landscaping, and more. The course takes approximately fifteen hours to complete and on successful completion, you will have the ability to download and print your industry recognised diploma. When applying for a position within the gardening industry, your potential employer will be able to confirm your certification online. During your studies, you will enjoy the convenience of studying at your own pace with no set schedule and from anywhere using any device, as long as you have a connection to the internet to access the modules.
What You Will LearnThe twenty-nine modules included in this Online Course Garden Design and Maintenance Diploma are brimming with information to help you jump start your gardening career and turn your hobby and passion into a money-making opportunity.
- Learn the basics of gardening from the various soil types to plant planning and purchasing.
- Identify an effective garden planning process from the initial consultation with the client through to site surveys, maintenance planning, to the final and completed project.
- Know different garden design styles. Learn how to gain inspiration throughout the day, how to design a mood board and how to implement your design effectively for the best results.
- Understand site surveys, approvals and measuring techniques. Learn how to use survey maps, photographic records and what surveys and appraisals you are going to need before you begin.
- Learn the benefits of project planning.
- Know the five forms that should be included in all your client packs.
- Learn more about drawing a plan and essential graphic skills.
- Know the various surfaces and materials, understand what hard landscaping is and how to deal with it.
- Know the secrets of great soil.
- Understand the importance of the right plan selection and care. This includes use of colours to make an impact.
- Gain valuable plant knowledge that you can use daily to make the best choices based on your design, garden location and finish.
- Learn how to identify high maintenance areas within any garden. Know the different options when it comes to low maintenance planning.
- Learn the importance of sustainability. Know what plants to use, about water conservation and how to recycle and reuse when working in any garden.
- Learn essential tips for reducing maintenance in difficult to manage and overgrown gardens.
- Know what equipment you are going to need, what equipment you will need for certain jobs and what each item is capable of.
- Get a good understanding of the most common garden pests, natural and chemical pesticides, integrated pest management and how to come up with a pest management plan that will work.
- Identify effective solutions for difficult gardens from adding container plants to adding additional irrigation and more.
- Know what to plan in a herb and vegetable garden.
- Know what you need to start your own gardening business to achieve success.
- Learn more about marketing your business, health and safety in the workplace, insurance, tax and record keeping, just to name a few of the points covered in this industry recognised course.
- Gain valuable insight into raising flower beds, laying patios, decking, fencing, know more about artificial grass, how to lay lawn and how to build a fish pond.
Benefits of the Garden Design and Maintenance DiplomaThis course is designed to provide you with a wide range of benefits, including:
- An easy to understand syllabus that you can learn at home and in your own time.
- Improve your career prospects with an industry recognised diploma.
- Learn using any device at any time.
- Enjoy ongoing support during your studies.
Video review to learn how to design the perfect landscape
Module 1: Gardening Basics
- Soil type, soil evaluation & soil improvement: learn about the different types of natural soil and additional plant mixers that can be used to stimulate plant growth.
- Garden planning & preparation: Understand the importance of initial planning on paper, before beginning the practical aspects of gardening.
- Plant planning & purchase tips: Determine plant types and their uses, discover plant purchasing techniques.
- Maintenance-Soil Nourishment & Watering: Learn the different materials essential for the nourishment of soil to facilitate the growing and maintenance of healthy plants.
Module 2: Garden Design Process
- To discover the importance of the initial consultation, ongoing discussions, clarity, and onsite analysis.
- To understand the necessity of site surveying and garden concept plans to aid the decision- making process and avoid potential mishaps.
- The basic elements of a good garden design, including the plant options, hardscapes, texture, and color elements.
- To become aware of the process in reaching the master garden plan stage and incorporating further elements during the implementation stage.
- The importance of gathering inspiration daily from all avenues of your life, nature, other gardens, books, online and your creative inspiration.
- An expansive list of garden design possibilities and the insight that there can be one singular theme, a combination of two or more or an adapted version of any.
- How creating a garden design mood board assists both the owner and garden designer in creating a visual effect of the ideas, colours, plants and preferred overall theme, which can be incorporated into the garden space and features available.
- How to use a virtual mood board created from an array of images.
Module 4 : Survey, Site Appraisal & Measuring Techniques
- Materials and areas of measurements required for surveying a site for garden design
- The various measurement techniques used for accurately measuring the different aspects required for completing a site survey, including curved and irregular areas
- Various scales used in recording site measurements on survey maps
- Correct photographic recordings and survey map drawing requirements
- Learn the benefits of project planning regardless of the size of project
- Become knowledgeable in the stages of project planning
- Discover the importance of creating timelines, chronological action step lists and available resources
- Learn about developing preliminary plans and baseline plans when planning a garden project
- Discover ways to incorporate and create optical illusion methods to enhance small garden spaces so they appear larger than life, such as creating focal points and distractions
- You will learn many techniques including the use of long lines and garden division methods
- The effective use of space to create a garden that suits all tastes and preferences
- Learn about narrow plant varieties, shelf layering and creating a portable garden to suit small gardens
- You will learn how time spent with creative experimentation on paper can result in saving a lot of timely and costly delays and allow for the optimal garden creation for each space
- You will learn how to draw a garden plan which offers beauty and practicality once you have carried out a site survey and consultation
- You will discover how to create a scale for your garden plan that allows ease of following and minimize mistakes
- You will know how to create a graphic from your garden plan to show best visual representation for the proposed changes and design options
- The different considerations you should make before deciding which garden surface materials to choose for each landscape for effective style and functionality.
- The different hard landscaping options, which can be used for varying garden requirements and preferences from solid garden flooring options like stone and concrete to softer, uneven options such as glass beadings or pebbles.
- The advantages and uses of combining two or more hard surface options within one garden such as cost, functionality and style.
- How to be familiar with the creative use of hard landscaping materials that are used to turn dull spaces into stunning visual displays and create functional but attractive garden areas.
- Learn the composition of the various soil types including their textures and unique components.
- Learn the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of soil and what can be done to enhance each for increased fertility.
- Discover the types of plants that are best suited to each soil type: sandy, chalky, clay, peat, silt and loam.
- Discover the secrets of creating great soil by use of organic, natural materials.
- Learn the advantages of planting native species to enhance your garden and surrounding wildlife species
- Learn how to best use space constraints and other factors to adhere to when planning the spatial aspects of plant life.
- Learn about color themes and the color wheel so that the garden plants, shrubs and trees chosen complement the existing background and client preferences.
- Learn about the effect of sunlight and climate features in relation to plant selection.
- Understand plant reproductive systems: Asexual and sexual reproduction, plus a little plant physiology.
- Receive a brief introduction to plant classification for a beginning to what plants to use.
- Learn what plants work well in different gardens and the importance of matching certain plants together.
- Learn about exotic and tropical plants, the care they need and how to grow them in temperate climates.
- About adding container plants to keep the plants owners love without possible difficulties
- How changing irrigation and watering systems can make a difficult garden easier to manage
- About adding new plants with an eye towards low maintenance or new landscaping for easier gardens
- How sometime starting over is the best option
Buy with confidence
If for some reason you are not satisfied with our product, we will return your money within 14 days after your purchase, no questions asked.
Can I order more than one course?
Yes. You can order as many courses as you like. You can purchase 1, 2 or even 10 courses. It’s entirely up to you.
Can I order the course for someone else?
Yes. You can order the course for a family member, friend, work colleague, staff members and more. When placing your order, just send us an email to inform us that the course is for someone else and we will create an account for them.
Are there any additional costs?
No. The course price you see listed is the only cost you have to pay to study the course. There are no hidden fees or anything like that.
When you finish the course, you will be awarded with a PDF certificate of achievement which you can print out yourself.
Is this price genuine?
Yes. We’re running a special promotion this month and have reduced the price of the course to make it easier for more people to start our courses. So the price you see is the discounted price we have on offer. You can order the course today and get started with your learning straight away.
What if I don’t pass first time?
We have our exam pass guarantee in place. You will be allowed to retake the final assessment as many times as you require until you pass the course. There is no additional charge to retake the test.
What do I get at the end of the course?
Once you’ve finished the course you will be awarded with your certificate. We’ll dispatch this within 1-3 working days of you completing your course.
How do I enroll?
Just click the ‘Buy Now’ button, which will add the course in your shopping cart, from here proceed with the checkout and enter your payment details. You can pay securely using Debit/Credit card, PayPal or even Google Pay.
Once we have confirmed your enrollment, we will send you access to your course straight away so you can enjoy our learning.
Can I study if I live outside the UK?
Yes. With Online Courses Learning you will receive access to your online training course, meaning that you can study from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection. We have students taking our courses worldwide.
When does this course start?
We provide online training courses that are completely flexible. With our online training courses you can enroll and start your course today. You have complete control over your own learning.
Do I need to come to a training venue?
You do not need to attend any training venue or classes.
When will I receive my course?
You will receive instant access to your online training course once you have successfully completed the checkout and we confirm your enrollment. We send your login details for the course, along with a receipt for your payment to the email address used at checkout. Please make sure you therefore use the correct email address at checkout.
Will I have a tutor?
Yes. If you need any help or support when studying the course just email the tutor support team and they will help answer any questions you may have.
Do I receive a certificate?
Once you have finished the course you will receive a certificate to showcase your new skills and qualifications. This certificate will be sent to you via email in PDF format once you have completed the course. Hard copies of certificates are available for an additional £9.99.
Do I need any previous experience or qualifications before I join a course?
Most of the courses available require little or no previous knowledge prior to enrolling.
How long do I have access to my course?
You will have lifetime access l.
Is the course recognized?
Yes. Our courses are accredited through the CPD Certification Service. CPD is recognized nationally across the United Kingdom and internationally around the world, thus the CPD Award should be recognized by academic institutions, public organizations and private companies. Your certificate will contain the universally recognized CPD Certification Service logo.
Can I cancel or refund my course?
Yes. We offer 14 days peace of mind guarantee. As long as you haven’t logged into the course, you can get a full no questions asked refund within the first 14 days after ordering.
I have another question about the course, how can I contact you?
Please email us at email@example.com
The CPD Certification Service provides support, advice and recognised independent CPD accreditation to support the Continuing Professional Development obligations and policies of professional bodies and academic institutes.
CDP certification details
Upon completion of the course you will be awarded with the CPD Certification.
This course is CPD accredited with the CPD Certification Service. Your certificate will display the universally recognized CPD Certification Service logo as proof of your knowledge and competencies gained from taking this course.
The Certificate of Achievement will provide proof that you have studied the course and will contain your grade classification level. You can use the certificate from us as part of your portfolio of evidence and/or use it to attend job or academic interviews.
The CPD certification is also a vital measure of your professional commitment, as taking this course clearly demonstrates your potential to employers and the value that you can bring to an organization. It shows that you are serious about your chosen career sector and it can be that crucial step in helping you to gain a new job or promotion.
What is CPD?
The CPD Certification Service was established in 1996 as the leading independent organization operating across all sectors to complement CPD polices of professional and academic institutions. Recognized nationally by employers, professional organizations and academic intuitions the CPD Certification Service is a valuable certificate to achieve.
CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development. CPD is a commitment to lifelong learning, a skill that is invaluable to all people in society. Employers from both the public and private sectors, as well as academic intuitions across the UK and internationally recognize Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
CPD is a great way for individuals to gain new skills, improve their job prospects, gain greater job satisfaction and also help to secure a promotion.
Benefits of CPD
Regardless of where you are in your career, undertaking a CPD course can help you;
Enhance your employment opportunities
Improve career satisfaction
Track prior learning
Show you are up-to-date with the requirements of your job
Contribute to your CV
Lead to further education
Demonstrate your commitment and value within your organization
Prepare you for promotion
When you finish with the course your certificate will contain the recognised CPD mark.