Data Protection Certification
Short descriptionSELF-PACED; LIFE-TIME ACCESS; 14DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE An email will be sent to you with Course login instructions after the purchase
Have a question?
Data Protection Certification Description
Today´s digital Data Protection is as important as paying a tax. Protecting your customers´/clients´ data is very important in any business. The Data Protection Act (DPA) controls how personal information can be used and your rights to ask for information about yourself.
A large organization is likely to have a dedicated IT department that takes care of all technical aspects of the business, including its data protection. For smaller businesses, it doesn’t always make economic sense to have an in-house IT department, and often outsource, as required. However, data protection requires ongoing management because, no matter what type of business you have, you are collecting, using and storing data all the time. It is important that there are people within the organization who understand the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. This course provides the required learning, to ensure that your company complies with the DPA and collects, uses and manages data accordingly. It is completely up-to-date and includes the changes to the DPA that are coming in 2018.
What will you learn in the Course?At Online Courses Learning this course comes with a study of 5 modules that encompass all aspects of the Data Protection Act, as follows:
- The purpose and 8 principles that govern the Data Protection Act
- The practical uses of the 8 principles in the Data Protection Act
- The role of the Information Commissioner’s Office
- The Register of Data Controllers and its purpose
- Definitions regarding personal and sensitive data
- The conditions regarding how information is used and shared
- Regulations and rules surrounding how data is shared within the European Economic Area and globally
- The rights of those whose data is shared and how those rights can be exercised
- How to respond to the requests of data subjects
- The practical uses of the Data Protection Act
- Things to consider, when making complaint procedures and policies
- What data security is and why it’s so important
- What constitutes a data breach and what should be done, in order to handle it
- The best ways in which to handle complaints
- Exceptions to the principles of the Data Protection Act
- Any changes to EU regulations and how they impact British organizations
- The potential impact of Brexit changes
What are the Benefits of the Course?
- Certification results in a comprehensive understanding of the provisions of the Data Protection Act and its application to a business;
- The successful team member will be able to assess the company’s current compliance, identify improvements and implement changes, in accordance with future requirements;
- Employees are able to flexibly complete the course, in their own time and on any internet-enabled device.
- Module 1 : Introduction and the 8 Principles of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Module 2 : Information Commissioner’s Office, Registration and Enforcement
- Module 3: The Definitions, Processing and Regulations Surrounding Personal Data
- Module 4: Creating Policies and Dealing with Breaches and Complaints
- Module 5: Subject Access Request Exemptions and the EU
Upon completion of this course, you are aware of Data Protection laws in the EU and understand how important is to protect your clients/customers confidential data.
What is the Data Protection Act? Watch this below short video for a brief understanding.